CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 6 January 2008

Come On People! Help Me!

Look everybody, this is really serious. We have (and I really do mean we, this is no time for you to be shirking your responsibilities) only 4 weeks to go, and we have to get moving.

YES, I SAID MOVING! PAY ATTENTION!

I'm sorry for the shouting, only I'm getting a bit stressed. I've moved quite a lot, but I've never done this sort of move before. It's really serious, a really big commitment.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT? WHY ARE YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION? I JUST TOLD YOU!!!

Oh, erm, I didn't.

Look at the URL for this blog. Go on, you know you want to. It is latethirtiescrisis. In just 4 weeks, there will be nothing late 30s about it. It will be 40. Well, I will, if not the blog. And not only does that mean my URL becomes not only crap but a lie, but it also means that I am too old for a tantrum (still), but not too young for a midlife crisis. Which I plan to have at the earliest opportunity.

OR EVEN SOONER IF YOU DON'T HELP ME.

So I need to move my blog to another URL. And I need to change the title of my blog. And I might need to change my name too. And my toothbrush. But I can manage that last one by myself.

SO COME ON PEOPLE!!!! I NEED SOME IDEAS!!!!

I NEED THEM NOW!!! STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING & HELP ME!!!!

Please?

13 comments:

Omega Mum said...

'Too old for tantrums, too young to die,' (or is that defeatist?). Incidentally, I'm older than you, so don't take it personally.

Anonymous said...

"Life Begins". It could do, you know.

Crystal xx

belle said...

why does it bother you that it's a lie? Since when have you ever known me to do anything that could be regarded as housewifery ...? My vote goes for leaving things exactly as they are. But you could always change the title and keep the url. That's what others have done ... oh, and what are we doing to celebrate your impending arrival into middle age??

riverwillow said...

Why change? 40 is the new 30, so you will still be too young for a midlife and not middle aged, we are not middle aged Belle just in the prime of life. So have a big party and leave things as they are

Casdok said...

What colour tooth brush are you going to have?! (start with the little things!)

aims said...

Life Begins at 40

or

Next


Really - why change it?

Manic Mother Of Five said...

You're a woman, its expected you will be economical with the truth regarding your age...... Leave it as it is...... I am 42 and don't FEEL any different than I did in my 30's surely that counts!!!

Swearing Mother said...

I'd keep the same title Tina. Forty is still young, and you're never too old for a tantrum in my opinion.

Forty? Piff paff. A mere babbie, as we say here in Brum.

Stinking Billy said...

Tina, you have forgotten that I had almost misinterpreted your blog title as "Too Young for a Midwife, too old for a Tampon" a while ago.

You said then that you were almost tempted to change to that one, but now that you have the chance you are conveniently chickening out, right?

Nah, you are right, you deserve something better than that.

Lola said...

I would love to make a suggestion because I am pathetically grateful for your comment on my blog. But I'm new to this game and haven't been reading your posts for very long so it won't necessarily be relevant.

Here goes anyway: how about "Camel skating" (slightly surreal and leaves everyone wondering what it means), or "Fit and Forty" (I think I saw that on a mug or a fridge magnet or something) or "New Mown Hay" (I just like that image). "Running up that hill" is what I feel like at forty something, but I think you have to like Kate Bush.

Drop me a line for some more random thoughts, I've got plenty more rubbish where that came from.

p.s. first exam went well, thanks for good wishes.

Mid-lifer said...

I agree with Belle - so what if you're not late thirties, you were when you started. Don't think you should change.

And don't worry about being 40, it's just a number (cliche but true). I agonised in the run-up to my forties and went on and on and on about it. When I was finally 40 though - it felt kind of nice. I'd made it, and now there was a whole new phase (and a mid-life crisis of course to boot).

btw - my midlife crap didn't happen til I was 44 - so you're still too young!

the mother of this lot said...

The Football Fanatic would say @Don't be such a girl - leave it as it is'. I would tend to agree!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Tina, you are totally scaring me, and yet, I am still here and even commenting on your blog. Strange?

No, in all seriousness...I am so glad to pop over to meet you!

I say leave the stinkin' title and just be forever 30 something...

Melissa