CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday 31 July 2007

A Different Approach

Ever since I started to feel unwell (& admitted to it), many of my friends have been more than sympathetic, taking time to ask me how I feel, what am I doing in work (you know who you are!) & if there's anything they can do for me. All very lovely, & very much appreciated. I have, over the last couple of days, noticed a slight change in tactic from some people. They have asked me if I think it is stress. Or do I feel stressed. Or they once suffered from stress, & they had all sorts of symptoms which came down to stress. I swear, the next person who asks me if I'm stressed, I'm going to summon whatever small amount of energy I have left & knock you right down. If I then very suddenly feel well again, I shall stop to lift you up & declare you were right. But I don't think there is much chance of that happening - if you want to gamble though, I'll play right along.

2 comments:

belle said...

Been there, Tina, know it well. I had post-viral syndrome over my A'levels. Everyone assumed it was stress. It wasn't. I was proper poorly and it wasn't nice. So, just say the word and I'll join in the punch up. That way, even if you do feel better, there's not a chance the pillock stupid enough to question your health will be capable of getting up, either with assistance or without it.

The Woman who Can said...

Thank you very much Belle, I knew I could rely on you! You can lull them, with your good housewifely ways. Then I will stomp on them