CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 22 July 2007

Hello World

Good morning world, I'm very glad to have your company this morning! Although quite what I'm doing here, instead of writing my essay, which is what I'm meant to be doing, is anyone's guess. For those of you wondering what I do in my spare time, apart from grumbling about being poorly, I study too. I'm doing an English Lit degree with the Open University and this is my last year. Hurrah! Next year will see me up on a stage somewhere, in my little gown (no mortar board!) getting my degree & then the world is my lobster! Actually, I'm not sure if it is or not, but I'm hoping so. A degree is meant to be like getting a key to the door I think, it should take you to places that otherwise wouldn't let you in. SO whatever doubts I may have about my career (!) at the moment, they should all be answered then. I'd love to be a teacher, but it doesn't look as though finances will run my way on that, there's lots of hoops to jump through, like getting a teaching qualification for starters, and there's no way on God's earth that I can afford to give up work & do that for a year (which is why the lottery keeps being done every week). And anyway, it's going to be a moot point unless I do my essay, so I'm off. Bye for now!

5 comments:

belle said...

Fancy meeting you here! Just read your blog - you kept that under your hat ...! Anyhoo, I've found you out now and I shall haunt you in the flesh and in cyberspace. And just in case you really thought you were, I'd say, you're never too young for a midlife ...;o)

Rainbow said...

Actually as a fellow OU lit student, I'd say you're never too old for a tantrum, especially when you just can't think what to write for the TMA you have to deliver that evening! What are you studying at the moment?

The Woman who Can said...

Oh, I SO am too young for a midlife! That's just mean! I did keep it under my hat I'll grant you, but I'm very glad to welcome you here! I was inspired by reading both your blogs, although I'm claerly not as regular a correspondent. My particular joy at the moment is A300 - I've said that quite confidently, but I'm never very good with the numbers. It's the 20th Century Literature course, or as I fondly think of it "The New Reading One", as opposed to the Nineteenth Century Novel, which of course was "The Old Reading One". Do keep reading all, this is where I'll share my deepest, darkest secrets...

belle said...

I intend to keep a very close eye on you, young lady! And I've noticed your latest book review with interest ... Off to Amazon now - la la la ...

Rainbow said...

Same course as me - you have my sympathy ;-)