CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 9 September 2007

Slumped

I'm back at work tomorrow. This is very, very bad. I haven't been to work for 2 weeks, and I was quite getting the hang of it. I quite like not having to put the alarm on for a hundred times every morning, and waking up naturally, at the crack of noon. It suits me very well.

There are many, many things to do now my holiday has finished. Like washing and ironing, just for starters. And a bit of cleaning wouldn't go amiss. I've done the important things, like a whistle stop tour of the blogs I really like, just to see what people have got up to whilst I've been away. But now I need to catch up. What I don't need to be doing is sitting at my PC, blogging, instead of lots of really important things.

So, here I am. I have an essay to write. It is to be 3000 words, and from a very small pool of books, I have to choose which book is best, then write about it. There are some on there that are really good. But they are not my favourite books, so it is an exercise in futility. My favourite book, ever, in the history of everness, is Ripening Seed, by Colette. I read it in French for my French A Level, about a hundred years ago. It is not on the list. I am doing an English degree, not a French one.

I have lots of thinking to do too, which never suits me very well. it is not one of my specialities, like being able to blow bubbles with gum, or twitch my nose. It is my own fault that I have to do thinking now, because I should have done the thinking before, but I didn't.

I am not looking forward to the thinking, because once it starts, I have no idea when it will stop, nor what I will do if I ever finish with the thinking.

That seems like a good reason not to do the thinking at all, but I'm fairly sure that I have to.

That is why today, I'm a bit slumped.

Maybe I could pay someone to think for me. And maybe they could do a bit of washing and ironing whilst they're about it.

4 comments:

Swearing Mother said...

I know exactly what you mean about thinking ...... luckily for me, I get an attack of thinking when I am doing otherwise mindless things, like vacuuming or polishing. As I don't do either of those things very much these days, my thinking episodes are starting to occur in the middle of the night or very early in the morning. Hence I am knackered most of the time.

I've also noticed that blogging is a big consumer of time, I can think to myself, OK, just half an hour and then I must do whatever, then two hours later I've wandered far off through the blogasphere and haven't done anything except read other people's blogs. I am thinking about putting a timer on the computer, one which flashes after 30 mins or so and says "NOW GO AND GET ON WITH IT"! But where's the fun in that?

Good luck with your essay Tina, and hope it all goes OK. Thanks for visiting my blog, lovely to read you as always. Will look out for you on the road!

belle said...

ooh Tina, hard thinking? That's always a chore. I've been doing a lot of it lately which explains my somewhat eratic performance in all other areas of my life. However, I think (see?!) I'm coming to the end of my Thinking Time and I think (It's coming quite naturally now ...) it's been A Good Thing to have done. In fact, I think (really into the swing of it now) it was about time I did it and I don't think (I could take A level Thinking) putting it off is wise.

So, go for it. I promise I'll be hear to supply soft mattresses if your Thinking results in any plummeting and I have the ear plugs on standby ;o)

The Woman who Can said...

Hello SM, thanks for visiting too. I like people visiting my blog, beacuse I don't have to hoover before they get here. I really need something which hauls me out of my chair at the PC, I don't respond very well to alarms. The essay will be a last minute affair, I fear. I thank you for the luck, I will surely need it.

The Woman who Can said...

I do worry ever so slightly about the plummeting, Belle. Or is it the lack of plummeting that I worry about? I probably need to think about that too. It's quite tiring, isn't it, all this thinking? Or even thinking of thinking, or thinking once removed. I wish I was removed from the thinking.